Wednesday, October 1, 2014

College inc. Response

College Inc.
            When I saw “College Inc.”, I feel like it really gave me more of an understanding of what goes on behind the scenes of some Universities. However, I found Michael Clifford to be a very interesting person in the way he wants to change the image of education. Clifford never went to college, which I find is ironic that out of everything he could do with his life, he chooses to fund small universities and make them worth multi millions of dollars. I have a lot of more faith in the education system after becoming aware of this. He is so selfless and just wants what’s best for the people in the university by giving them the opportunity to go back to school versus those working for universities that just want people’s money, even if they aren’t financially able to pay. “Money-suckers” is a term I would have used to describe all for-profit universities before watching this clip. Now, after seeing Clifford’s story, a little of my faith is restored in the education system. However, there still are those people who just work for schools so they can make their fortune because that’s where they think the money is at. I would really like to investigate this farther to get a better grasp on how specific universities work, and what their employees are taught to stand for, behind the scenes.



No comments:

Post a Comment